Daihinia is a tool for WiFi. It turns a simple Ad-Hoc network into a Multi-hop Ad-Hoc network. Multi-hop Ad-Hoc networks offer a higher level of flexibility than the usual Infrastructure Mode: in Infrastructure Mode all the computers have to be in the range of the Access Point, while in Multi-hop Ad-Hoc networks they have to be within one another's range, possibly forming chains longer than one hop.
Basically, Daihinia offers a Mesh Network layer for WiFi Ad-Hoc networks, thus making the network infrastructure be implicitly maintained by the users themselves. It's a nice idea that a network user supports the network around him/her just by the fact that he/she uses the network.
Unlike other solutions that allow mesh topology only between Access Points, Daihinia puts it directly onto computers and does not use Access Points at all. Daihinia is implemented as a network driver for Windows systems and is completely transparent for programs.
» version 1.8.5 - posted on 2015-08-31
(bugfix) On 64-bit systems, upon package uninstallation, Control App was waiting for user input instead of uninstalling the driver and returning to package uninstaller.
» version r1003 - posted on 2008-06-03
EULA - End User License Agreement
Daihinia End-User License Agreement
Copyright © Vitalie Vrabie ("Author")
All rights reserved.
This license describes the conditions under which you may use Daihinia ("the Program"). If you are unable or unwilling to accept these conditions in full, then you may not use the Program at all.
1. The program is "try-before-you-buy" software. An unregistered copy of the Program can only be used for evaluation purposes no longer than 30 days. Registration grants you the right to use the Program after the trial period on a number of computers no greater than the number of licenses you paid for. Before the expiration of the trial period you must either purchase Registration, or stop using the Program.
2. You are granted a non-exclusive permission to use the Program. The Program may not be rented or leased. However, you may provide any sort of networking services involving the Program, including paid services. You are allowed to distribute the Program on any sort of media, as long as the package is provided in all its entirety and not tampered with.
3. You may not disassemble, reverse-engineer, or otherwise tamper with the Program. You may not distribute or otherwise transfer any subset, component, or any part of the Program. You may not emulate, clone, rent, lease and sell the Program. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal or civil prosecution.
4. Any use of the Program which is prohibited by international or local laws is forbidden by this license. Any such action is the sole responsibility of the person committing the action.
5. The Program is distributed "AS IS" without warranties of any kind. The Author makes no claim that all errors, inaccuracies, or other sort of defects have been or can be eliminated from the Program and, with respect thereto, the Author shall not be responsible for losses, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind resulting from using or misusing the Program, including, without limitation, any liability for business expenses, network downtime, damages experienced by you or any third person as a result of any deficiency, defect, bug, error or malfunction. The Author shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages relating to or arising out of the subject matter of this Agreement or actions taken thereunder. The Author is not liable for offers added to the installer by any 3rd party Software Publisher or Redistributor.
6. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
7. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by the Author.
8. The Author reserves the right to make exceptions to any of these conditions, or alter these conditions, at any time.
9. Installing or using the Program signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
10. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove the Program files from your storage devices and cease to use the Program.